You’re leaving for a trip and starting to think about everything you need to pack, and slowly, a little tinge of anxiety sneaks up on you. You obviously can’t pack your entire wardrobe or makeup collection, despite wanting to, so you have to pick your favorite items. Since recently moving to Ohio, I’ve traveled home frequently and after many trips of overpacking makeup, I’ve finally narrowed down the key items I need. Check out my packing essentials below:
1. Tarte Rainforest of the Sea | Volume II: After seeing this for a steal at Sephora (only $18, can you believe it!), I had to pick it up. It’s a great mixture of neutrals, shimmers, and dark cool tones to create a variety of looks, and the shadows are so buttery.
2. Urban Decay Primer Potion | Eden: A go-to of mine for a while. It evens out the color of my lids, and prevents any creasing for long travel days.
3. Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Liner | Blackquer: I’m a big fan of lining my waterline, and I’ve finally found an eyeliner that doesn’t budge. This stuff is long-lasting, and comes in so many colors! I recommend black, blue, and green.
4. Too Faced Hangover Replenishing Primer & Setting Spray: This primer mixture is a dream. I apply the Too-Faced Hangover Primer first, and I follow with the setting spray (before and after makeup) and it keeps my makeup looking fresh all day.
5. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk | Shade 4.5: I decided to splurge and purchase a travel size. I’m so happy I did! It’s a medium to full coverage and leaves your skin with a healthy glow.
6. Nars Soft Matte Complete Concealer | Vanilla: THIS CONCEALER! Wow. So underrated, yet so incredible. It stays under my eyes all day and blends in so easily.
7. Benefit Ka-Brow | Shade 4 & Givenchy Mister Brow Groom: Lately, eyebrows have been one of my favorite parts of my makeup routine. It seriously helps shape your face, and this combo helps make them look so natural! The Givenchy Mister Brow Filler is expensive, but so worth it. It leaves your eyebrows feathery and in place all day.
8. Nars Blush Duo | Hot Sand and Laguna: A classic – It’s the perfect contour for my skin tone, without being too ashy. Bonus, it includes a highlighter which is great for dusting all over your face.
9. Too Faced Sweetheart Bronzer | Sweet Tea: I can’t stop using this. It’s the perfect summer bronze with a slight highlight that brings life to your face.
10. Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush | Exposed: The perfect nude flush of color for your cheeks. It’s not overpowering, but definitely makes a difference in your appearance.
11. Smashbox Spotlight Palette | Pearl: It’s perfect for fair skin tones and seriously is the perfect highlight, whether you want something subtle or bold.
12. Bite Beauty Lip Liner | #12: I’ve essentially been living in this Bite Beauty Lipliner in #12. Talk about the perfect nude lip…I don’t even top this with a liquid lipstick because it’s perfect on its own.
13. Too Faced Better than Sex Mascara | Black: I’ve tried so hard to like other mascaras, but this one adds the perfect combination of volume and length. It’s a forever staple.
Happy traveling, y’all!